Thanks Guys!

How are we doing? What would you like to hear on the show? Grab a mug and give us some feedback mates!

Moderators: Bill, Eloysius, cromley, Michelle

Thanks Guys!

Postby splive » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Hopefully hearing praise doesn't get old...

I resubscribed to WoW as something small to enjoy casually in an otherwise crazy busy/adult/domestic life...my last subscription was the first 2-3 months of Cata.

The "soul" of the game (at least outside the current expansion which I haven't even touched) is gone, but I found that I can still get a whiff of that new game smell by relistening to all the old TC shows. Bill just joined the cast, and I've been having a blast! Remembering the old days of AV, the insanity of raiding MC/BWL back in the day, almost failing college...those were teh days. My only regret was not having the chance to join the Pod People guild back in it's hayday!

Having tried a handful of self-starter projects over the years I know what a labor of "love" a show like this had to have been, so thanks (again?) everyone for all the extra work that made it "special" compared to many of the other more run of the mill flavored casts. Hope everyone is having a blast in RL.
splive
TavernCast LuvR (Subscriber)

Re: Thanks Guys!

Postby Azunai » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi Splive! I'm another TC fan, although I was a late bloomer if you call it that. I'm really glad the show has instilled in you the same as it has me! I still have Subcription but I usually only use it to do a dungeon or be a bit of a completionist on my shadow priest revving up for the new expansion. The soul has ebbed certainly, but I think it also has to do with the changing of time and our attention. What grips the person more at the time etc.

The latest podcast really shows this to full capacity but at the same time I would definitely say it does re-invigorate when I try to find reasons to stay hitched. I play other games, and come back to Wow when the feeling is right.

Thanks for the message! What is your favorite Wow moment Splive? :)
Azunai

Postby esamenoi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:06 am

Glad I'm not the only one to find the "soul" of the game lacking, sure there's plenty I still want to do in the game it's just not the end game stuff.

I've had a 100 human warrior for absolutely ages, I've maxed out garrison on him and I've now got no motivation to do any garrison stuff on other ally characters. I then have been playing my undead priest and my god is the snowy, clunky and depressing horde garrison a drag!!!

I'm much happier leveling alts. But they're all now getting to 90. The only way around the garrison stuff is probably to level via instances.
esamenoi

Postby esamenoi » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:11 am

Damn it.

I've been listening to old TC episodes for the last couple days at work. All I want to do is play WoW now!
esamenoi

Return to Comments and Feedback